Error with Service Endpoint Registration RRS feed

• Question

• I've created dozens of Service Endpoints (in the plug-in registration tool) for Azure integration without a problem but today I ran into an error that I haven't seen before.

After entering the ACS details and getting a successful response using the Save & Configure ACS button, on the Save & Verify Authentication screen the following error appears after about 2 minutes:

"The system job failed to complete in the allotted time. Current status is: InProgress"

The window shows "Verifying Authentication: Locked" for about 2 minutes and then the error I noted above appears.

I tried unregistering the service endpoint and started from scratch a few times and am getting the same error every time.

Has anyone run into this same issue?

Thanks,

-Tim

Tim A. Dutcher Altriva Solutions Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Bellevue, WA

Saturday, July 25, 2015 12:04 AM

All replies

• More info:

• This is for CRM Online.
    • The time-out error is probably not related to Azure integration. I noticed that a job (in System Jobs list) named "Calculate Rollup Field" still has the status "In Progress" but it's been nearly 1 hour since it started. Following that job are several System Events titled "Verify Service Endpoint Authentication" and each of them are set to "In Progress" as well. So CRM's async processor (at least for this org) appears to be stuck.

Tim A. Dutcher Altriva Solutions Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Bellevue, WA

Saturday, July 25, 2015 12:22 AM
  • The CRM async service finally completed the Service Endpoint verification jobs after about an hour.

So, if you see the error I ran into ("The system job failed to complete in the allotted time. Current status is: InProgress") when registering a Service Endpoint, it's likely that the async service isn't able to process the verification fast enough for the plug-in registration tool, but it should go through eventually.

Saturday, July 25, 2015 12:57 AM