MS office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have Office 2007 installed on my computer and the product key doesn't work. I don't know if it is a trial version because I can't find a help menu to check. I've tried buying a new copy of office from the microsoft website but it will only accept credit cards and I don't have one. Is there any way I can get a new product key?

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hello Urien,

Here is how to find out if you are running a Trial version of Office:

Check whether you are using a trial version of the 2007 Office product by following these steps:
    1. Start Microsoft Office Word 2007.
    2. Click the Microsoft Office Button.
    3. Click program name Options.
    4. In the Navigation Pane, click Resources.

Click About next to view about Microsoft Office Word 2007.

To purchase a License for Office without using a credit card, visit you favorite local trusted retailer that carries software, such as a consumer electronics store, "big box" discount chain store, office suppliy store, or local small trusted computer shop, and purchase the edition of office you want in person using "cash."

If you bought the same edition of Office 2007 at the store as is installed as the Trial, there is no need to uninstall the Trial and install the one you bought at the store, just open the package and enter the product key in the package into the Trial edition to aactivate and convert it to a perpetually licensed installation.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:11 PM

All replies

• Hello Urien,

Here is how to find out if you are running a Trial version of Office:

Check whether you are using a trial version of the 2007 Office product by following these steps:
    1. Start Microsoft Office Word 2007.
    2. Click the Microsoft Office Button.
    3. Click program name Options.
    4. In the Navigation Pane, click Resources.

Click About next to view about Microsoft Office Word 2007.

To purchase a License for Office without using a credit card, visit you favorite local trusted retailer that carries software, such as a consumer electronics store, "big box" discount chain store, office suppliy store, or local small trusted computer shop, and purchase the edition of office you want in person using "cash."

If you bought the same edition of Office 2007 at the store as is installed as the Trial, there is no need to uninstall the Trial and install the one you bought at the store, just open the package and enter the product key in the package into the Trial edition to aactivate and convert it to a perpetually licensed installation.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, December 31, 2009 11:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:11 PM
  • Check if you are typing the Product key for the version you purchased. Most new computers comes with a trial version of Office 2007.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:25 PM