Live One Care will not sign me in with my Live account password RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can sign in just fine on the internet, but my One Care (just bought new) say's I have the wrong ID or Password?? I even created a new one, still will not confirm it, and let me sign in to complete my install. I even used the "no I need one" option on the One Care install menu, still never made the connection.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 5:12 AM

Answers

• If you still have your original Product Key, you can find out which LiveID it is assigned to by contacting support and giving them the product key.

Contact Support FAQ : http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:50 PM
  •  Joecaos wrote:

I can sign in just fine on the internet, but my One Care (just bought new) say's I have the wrong ID or Password?? I even created a new one, still will not confirm it, and let me sign in to complete my install. I even used the "no I need one" option on the One Care install menu, still never made the connection.

Make sure that you are not copying and pasting your password.

Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options and delete cookies and temporary Internet files. Close Internet Explorer. Open OneCare and try to sign in again.

Once you're signed in, select the option to activate with a PIN or token (assuming that this is a new retail copy you are activating for the first time.)

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:08 PM

All replies

•  

Limit your password up to 8 alpha-numeric characters only. Then retry activate your onecare.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:23 AM
  • I have the exact same problem trying to re-activate my onecare after I had to re-load it.  All support says is that you don't have to punch in the product key code again but to sign in with the same Live ID that you originally used.  I don't know the original Live ID I used to activate Live OneCare.  That's the problem.  If Icould get Microsoft to send me my original Live ID I think things would all come together.  So much for good support.

Larry

Saturday, February 16, 2008 6:43 PM
  • If you still have your original Product Key, you can find out which LiveID it is assigned to by contacting support and giving them the product key.

Contact Support FAQ : http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:50 PM
  •  Joecaos wrote:

Make sure that you are not copying and pasting your password.

Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools/Internet Options and delete cookies and temporary Internet files. Close Internet Explorer. Open OneCare and try to sign in again.

Once you're signed in, select the option to activate with a PIN or token (assuming that this is a new retail copy you are activating for the first time.)

-steve

Sunday, February 17, 2008 6:08 PM
  • Thank You for your help,I have been trying to get on for the past four hours. I gyess I will have to retrun it. Can you tell me how to get on using the Internet

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:07 PM
  • Larry go back in as a new buyer and say you need ID when you put in your cedit card info it will tellcyou you already have an account with the ID of do you want a new accout cancel but you now have the original ID

Tony Bruno

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:14 PM