Amazon Unbox on WHS? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone successfully installed Amazon Unbox on their WHS and what does it take to get it work? Right now I have a bunch of kids videos that I stream off my desktop PC, which is inconvenient because I have to constantly remember to boot up my desktop which isn't on all that often, whenever I got to stream videos for my kids. Plus it can take a little bit for them to show up in the Xbox browser before I can play them.

Thanks.

Monday, November 15, 2010 3:40 PM

All replies

• I somehow got WMP 11 installed on WHS and now Unbox seems to work with Xbox 360. Not with my PS3 though... sigh. Well at least one works.
    Monday, November 15, 2010 4:42 PM
  • I have to now stream my videos from another PC because I just can't get WHS working with Unbox. Plus it won't let me save unbox videos to a network share only a local disk, even if I map a network drive. The only other thing I was considering is making a junction to the network share, but I shouldn't have to do this crap. So stupid. I hate Unbox. Unfortunately I have tons of kids shows that I've invested lots of money in, primarily because it was the only "legal" place to get it and at a reasonable cost.

I understand DRM, but this is ridiculous.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 8:01 PM