Problem to translate the word "ASP.NET" to Japanese RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When translate the "ASP.NET" to Japanese, translator split that to "ASP." and "NET".
    ex) 
     "Tutorial for ASP.NET 4.5:"
       will translate to
     "ASPのチュートリアル。ネット4.5:" is wrong. There are two sentences.
     "ASP.NET 4.5 のチュートリアル:" is right(one sentence).

Almost all have been split, so improvement by manually is not realistic.
    I hope Fix it.

Thank you.

Saturday, June 9, 2012 5:09 AM

Answers

• Hi flied onion,

Thanks for the feedback here.  This is a known so-called “sentence breaking” issue.  We mistakenly treat the period between ASP and NET (i.e., ASP.NET) as a sentence breaking period and hence, the translation becomes two Japanese sentences.  (As evidence, if you put “Tutorial for ASP NET 4.5”, you’ll get the correct translation of ASP NET 4.5 のチュートリアル).  We’ll provide the fix as soon as possible and get back to you on the forum when the fix is released.  Thank you again for your feedback.  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hi flied onion,

Thanks for the feedback here.  This is a known so-called “sentence breaking” issue.  We mistakenly treat the period between ASP and NET (i.e., ASP.NET) as a sentence breaking period and hence, the translation becomes two Japanese sentences.  (As evidence, if you put “Tutorial for ASP NET 4.5”, you’ll get the correct translation of ASP NET 4.5 のチュートリアル).  We’ll provide the fix as soon as possible and get back to you on the forum when the fix is released.  Thank you again for your feedback.  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:37 AM
  • Hi Flied onion,

Just wanted to let you know that we've fixed your problem. 

"Tutorial for ASP.NET 4.5:" is now translated into "ASP.NET 4.5 のためのチュートリアル:".  Go to our landing page (http://www.microsofttranslator.com/) and try it yourself!

Thanks.  Takako

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:52 PM