none
Error : " Connecting user id does not match running process user id", "The smpd daemon is running with user credentials which are different from the user running the job." RRS feed

• Question

• Team,

I have downloaded Microsoft HPC Server 2008 and consuming the mpiexec for parallel execution. I could kick-off my programs locally, but when I try to execute in multiple machines, I receive the error

"connecting user id does not match running process user id"

From System 1, I'm trying to execute an exe which is residing in System 2.

Here is the syntax for execution,

mpiexec -hosts 1 System2 2 "C:\Sample.exe".

In System2, I could see in the command prompt the error message, while in system1 i see the below error

"Access is denied by the node System2", and the smpd daemon is running with user credentials which are different from the user running the job.

The .smpd exe is running in both the systems.

Need help ?

Regards,

Prasenna

Prasenna

Monday, May 7, 2012 6:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Prasenna,

As you are not running mpiexec from the scheduler, I think the problem is with the user account under which you are running smpd -d. Note the following

1. The user running mpiexec on System1 must be the same as the one running on System2, in other words, you can't run smpd on System2 as system user

2. If your nodes are not domain joined, you must run all mpi-related processes with the same user name and password

To resolve your issue:

1. Run all smpd and mpiexec with the same domain-joined user account

2. Run all smpd and mpiexec with the same local user name and password on all nodes

Hope that could help.

Michael

Monday, May 7, 2012 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Prasenna,

As you are not running mpiexec from the scheduler, I think the problem is with the user account under which you are running smpd -d. Note the following

1. The user running mpiexec on System1 must be the same as the one running on System2, in other words, you can't run smpd on System2 as system user

2. If your nodes are not domain joined, you must run all mpi-related processes with the same user name and password

To resolve your issue:

2. Run all smpd and mpiexec with the same local user name and password on all nodes

Hope that could help.

Michael

Monday, May 7, 2012 7:03 PM
  • Hi Prasenna,

To resolve your issue:

Hope that could help.

Michael

Thanks Michael, It worked...

Prasenna

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:09 PM