Force a Form refresh after adding entity to a queue RRS feed

• Question

• We have written a plugin that sets the Active Business Process based on the specific queue that an entity (in this case an opportunity) has been added to. The plugin works as expected, but we can't seem to find a way to update the form after the Queue Selection screen closes to display the newly activated BPF.

I've read  Scott Durow's blog and he mentions a couple of ways to do this but they are not working in this particular case.

Does anyone have any experiences or ideas that may help? This is CRM 2013 Online if it matters.

Thanks,

Jason Irvan

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This used to work the last time I checked..

function ReLoadForm()

{

Mscrm.ReadFormUtilities.openInSameFrame(window._etc, Xrm.Page.data.entity.getId());

}

You probably need to contain this in the 'add to queue' ribbon button but the script isn't technically supported so may stop working at any rollup..

You could also try posting a comment on Scott Durow's site (www.develop1.net). He's usually pretty keen to help with this sort of thing.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:39 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion Rob. This was one of Scott's recommendations as well but he cautioned against it for the same reason you mentioned. I guess we will have to take our chances with it for now.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 10:57 PM