Slow File Transfer RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Lenovo WHS, Bios 5SKTO9AUS with the factory original hard drive.  When I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista, file transfers from my PC are painfully slow, 128 kb per second.  Anything moving on the server is slow.  What should I be looking for?

Thank you!
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:59 PM

Answers

• Probably something on the client, given this:
    ... When I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista, file transfers from my PC are painfully slow, 128 kb per second. ...
    How are file transfers from the upgrade PC to/from other PCs (not your server)?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:05 AM

All replies

• Probably something on the client, given this:
    ... When I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista, file transfers from my PC are painfully slow, 128 kb per second. ...
    How are file transfers from the upgrade PC to/from other PCs (not your server)?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:05 AM
  • What is the client PC?  Does it have RealTek network drivers?  They have been known to be problematic - the solution I've seen is to upgrade to RealTek drivers that were out in March 2010.
    --
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:46 AM
  • Good question!  Just checked and all file transfer are slow from my PC to others in the network.  The other PC's transfer fine to the homeserver. I did update the network driver but no help.  Looks like a client problem.  I will look in the Windows 7 forum.

Thank you!
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 10:12 PM