Microsoft Money Plus with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Microsoft Money for many years. However, since I have a Surface Pro with Window 10 and I have not been able able to use it again. Any suggestions?
    Saturday, May 28, 2016 1:36 PM

All replies

• You need to install Money Plus on the new computer using the file you download from the link in what is now the second post in this forum. Then apply the patch described in the first link. You can postpone the patch for testing, because most things work without the patch.

Then copy your main *.mny and latest *.mbf file from the old computer to a folder that you can write to (do not put it within Program Files) and is not mirrored to OneDrive. Open Money by right clicking the *.mny file. After that, Money will remember where your Money file is. Once in your file, change the place for the upon-exit backups to be a place that exists on the new computer (the Documents folder is good for this). It is best to Browse to the folder.

For the scheduled backups, I direct that to a USB flash drive. That way I have backups on more than one storage device.

Saturday, May 28, 2016 1:51 PM