CRM 2011 Chart Bug RRS feed

• Question

•  

We seem to have encountered a bug in the CRM 2011 Chart tool.

Due to the nature of our business we have orders with what are essentially duplicate lines with all of the money and number fields being the same except the lineitemnumber which of course is unique to each line.

We have also added some custom fields to the SalesOrderDetail entity which we want to chart and total on.

When we pull up a chart, it is as if the chart is eliminating the duplicate numbers.  So with 3 lines for $331.46 the chart shows 331.46.  If I were to change one of the numbers to $331.47 the chart would show 662.93.  If I were to set the chart to group by lineitemnumber it shows each line properly.

One truly weird thing though is that this bug does not exist for users with Organization Read permissions on the SalesOrder entity.  If they are parent/child or below the bug exists.

As part of trying to resolve this bug we have upgraded to RU18 and the bug still exists.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?  Please ????

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 2:50 PM

All replies

• Sounds like the property distinct="true" has been added to the sum attribute in the chart xml.

If it is, remove it since it should not be used on sum aggregates as it causes the specific issue you mention. However, that would apply too all users normally, so it doesn't really explain the part with the Org Read Permissions. Figured it might be worth checking though.

Ulrik,
    Blog: http://crmchartguy.wordpress.com - Exclusively for MS CRM Charts
    Twitter: crmchartguy

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 4:30 PM
  • Thanks.  I just double-checked the XML for the chart and there is no reference to distinct.

This is definitely a real puzzler to me as well.

My suspicion is that if we look at this from a SQL point of view that a "clever" developer decided that if the permissions were Org Read that they would use the base view for the data otherwise the filtered view and that the filtered view is eliminating the duplicates.  This makes perfect sense (to a developer) as performance on the unfiltered view is much better and gives a better user experience.

Hacking around in the system built views though very much falls into the "not supported" and "there be dragons" land so I am doing everything I can to avoid that.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 1:55 PM