none
70-536 + 70-562 + 70-567 = MCPD ASP.NET Developer 3.5? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, everyone!

For example, I've achieved 3 certifications: 536, 562 and 567 (certainly an upgrade for MCPD Web Developers, which I'm not on .NET Framework 2.0). Is that gonna be a future issue to get my MCPD 3.5 certificate?

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:37 PM

Answers

• As previously advised, 70-567 is an upgrade exam and cannot be used with 70-536 and 70-562 to gain the MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification.  It can only be used to upgrade MCPD Web Developer to MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5

Once you've sat 70-564, you will gain the MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 3:00 AM

All replies

• You can only use 70-567 to upgrade a MCPD Web Developer certification to MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5.  If you're not MCPD Web Developer certified, sitting this exam will not give you the MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification.  You cannot use 70-567 with 70-536 + 70-562 to get your MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification

Jeff Wharton

Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Friday, July 1, 2011 12:04 AM
  • If I were you I would go for MCPD: Web Developer 4 (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx?#vs2010). It is new and you will have more opportunities in the near future.

Regards

Friday, July 1, 2011 12:25 AM
  • That's why I'm asking community about that... 70-567 is an exam composed by 2 other exams: 70-564 and 70-562.

Friday, July 1, 2011 6:42 PM
  • 70-567 is not an exam composed by 2 other exams:70-564 and 70-562.  It is an upgrade and coan only be used to upgrade MCPD Web Developer certification to MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5
    Jeff Wharton

Saturday, July 2, 2011 12:57 AM
  • I know that's tricky (LOL)... checking again 70-564 exam time (about 2:30 hrs), it seems that I had as many questions as I'd have taking only 70-564 exam! (Remembering that inside 70-567 exam report we can see 70-564 individual score)

By now, I'll expect a 10-day-delay on MCP website to see if that certificate appears as well... anyway, I'll come back here to give some (positive, I hope) feedback

Thanks!

Saturday, July 2, 2011 1:15 AM
  • That's correct as the 70-567 exam tests you on the differences between MCPD Web Developer and MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5.

70-567 will appear on your list of passed exams.

Do you already have the MCPD Web Developer certification?  If not, you are going to be dissapointed as sitting 70=567 will not give you MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, July 2, 2011 1:28 AM
  • But If I'm not MCPD Web Developer, why can I still take an exam which it's not supposed to follow MCPD rules? LOL

I'm not gonna be dissapointed, because I studied a lot to achieve 70-567... anyway, if this isn't enough to my MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5 by itself, I'll just take only 70-564. =S

Thank you, Jeff!

Saturday, July 2, 2011 2:02 AM
  • You can take whatever exams you like as there is no validation prior to taking an exam.  Even a person with no certifications could sit this exam.

You still won't get the MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification by sitting 70-567 and 70-564.

To get this certification without having the MCPD Webb Developer certification, you will ned to sit the following exams

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework – Application Development Foundation

MCTS prerequisite: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development

MCPD requirement: PRO: Designing and Developing ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, July 2, 2011 2:07 AM
  • That's why it seems strange to me! I've already taken 536, 562 and 567.
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 2:44 AM
  • As previously advised, 70-567 is an upgrade exam and cannot be used with 70-536 and 70-562 to gain the MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification.  It can only be used to upgrade MCPD Web Developer to MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5

Once you've sat 70-564, you will gain the MCDP ASP.NET Developer 3.5 certification.

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, July 2, 2011 3:00 AM