PSI (WCF) Error : An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host RRS feed

• Question

• I am using PSI (WCF )services to access project details on web part (Sharepoint). This webpart is accessing couple of PSI WCF services to display data.

I am getting following error if I refresh page 5-6 times 

SocketException (0x2746): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host]

System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32

I was not able to get any other info in SharePoint log or somewhere else other then above.

If the try to debug the web part (even if all the break point are disable) or if start fiddler to watch WCF requests this error is not getting generated.

Also if I update web.config file with WCF recommended debugging settings (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa702726.aspx),page causing the error works fine. 

Any pointer in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alok

Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:21 PM

Answers

• There are several issues with using WCF and Claims authentication in the beta release of Project Server 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010. The issues are solved in the post-beta builds. Unless someone else has some pointers, it may help to wait for RTM.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 12:51 AM
  • Latest Project server 2010 release (RC) got fix for this.

Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Alok.Pagariya Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:22 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:17 AM

All replies

• There are several issues with using WCF and Claims authentication in the beta release of Project Server 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010. The issues are solved in the post-beta builds. Unless someone else has some pointers, it may help to wait for RTM.
    Friday, January 15, 2010 12:51 AM
  • Latest Project server 2010 release (RC) got fix for this.

Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Alok.Pagariya Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:22 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:17 AM