OneCare Uninstalled but Vista still sees OneCare Firewall Option and turns off Windows Firewall RRS feed

• Question

• I recently uninstalled OneCare from my laptop (subscription coming to an end) and I also ran the clean-up tool to remove any remaining remnants - at least I thought everything was gone.

Now whe I boot up my laptop and the wireless internet connection comes on, Vista security center comes up with a red balloon saying that the firewall has been turned off. When I click on the balloon to enable the firewall, I see that Vista still thinks that OneCare should be my primary firewall (even though it has been uninstalled) and it can find the pathway to the firewall itself. 

So now I need to manually turn on the Windows firewall every time I boot up my laptop.

Anyone know how I can change Vista Security settings so that it does't think OneCare is still there?  Is this just a registry thing?  I tried running RegCure 1.5 to make sure there was nothing conflicting in my registry and everything seems to be OK.

Hopefully a easy fix...any help appreciated. 

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:37 PM

Answers

All replies