network teaming WHS 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using network teaming on WHS V1 and now I have been upgrading to WHS 2011 but I'm not able to set it up because the wiard does not see my network connection.

I have given a fixed ip to the teaming and set port forwarding on my router I'm able to browse internet etc. but I cannot get remote acces to work it keep saying I do not have internet connection, what could I do to let it work correctly.

I would like to work with fixed ip instead of dynamic ip this makes it more easier to setup

Monday, February 7, 2011 5:02 AM

All replies

• >>I have given a fixed ip to the teaming and set port forwarding on my router I'm able to browse internet etc. but I cannot get remote acces to work it keep saying I do not have internet connection, what could I do to let it work correctly.
    ========
    What kind of router do you have? Mine's a Linksys WRT310 and it had to have a firmware update before it would cooperate. So, you might try that.

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 BetaFerret
    Please Don't Text and Drive
    My Grand Kids May be in Your Path

Nancy Ward
    Monday, February 7, 2011 5:12 AM
  • Hello Nancy,

I have a Belkin N1 router and already have checked for a firmware upgarde but there is none.

Not sure why the wizard cannot see my realtek virtual miniport adopter, I have fixed my port forwarding to that port, I can browse internet, remote login by using remote desktop but not able to find my home server through internet.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:05 AM
  • >

I have a Belkin N1 router and already have checked for a firmware upgarde but there is none.

Not sure why the wizard cannot see my realtek virtual miniport adopter, I have fixed my port forwarding to that port, I can browse internet, remote login by using remote desktop but not able to find my home server through internet.

Looking at Belkin's support page, I see that there could be a few issues, but although I have N1, I don't have the rest of the numbers: F5D8230-4 through F5D8236-4.

Go here and maybe you can figure out your issues: <http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/product/list/q/routers/>

Nancy Ward
    Windows 8 BetaFerret
    Please Don't Text and Drive
    My Grand Kids May be in Your Path

Nancy Ward
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:18 PM