WHS 2011 CONNECTOR PROBLEM RRS feed

• Question

• The complete setup for router (manual setup<not sure if netbios is enabled>), Proliant G7 server and one laptop both local and remote were successful.  The problem started after I put SSD HDs in two (successfully connected earlier) Lan desktops and since then, no matter what I do, I am not able to get the Connector software to finish installing on the two desktops.  They say another install is in progress even though Both machines prior connector installs were removed and do not show Windows Connector Software currently installed, nor are any services or processes running for WCS.  Do you happen to know the registery items to clean to get WCS to reinstall?... Or any other issues?     Thanks for your help,   John Walton
    Monday, September 17, 2012 8:25 PM

Answers

• A search on this forum for "another installation is already in progress" or similar phrases/keywords would reveal that there are multiple threads which discuss this. The answer is the same in almost all of them: some software that you've installed (often Logitech web cam software, but there are other possibilities) fails to clean up after itself when installed. Sample steps to resolve:

• Open Regedit
      • Find the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager"
      • Rename the "PendingFileRenameOperations" value to "PendingFileRenameOperations2"

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, September 24, 2012 6:54 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:04 AM