Windows Home Server 2011 remote web access and SharePoint Foundation 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello gurus..

first if... i did not know where to ask this so i tried here.

so here it goes..

I am working on my new self build home server running WHS 2011.

I wanted to use it as a home streaming server and whit the build in remote web access. then i descovered that i culd run SharePoint Foundation 2010 on it too..

So at the moment i have done the easy work on remapping the IIS so the defuld page is mapped to port 80 and the sharePoint page is mapped to port 900..

now is my question if i can link my SharePoint to a link in the page after the login to the WHS 2011 remote web access and use it external or are there another way to do that i have access to both page external?

Friday, May 15, 2015 3:09 PM

Answers

• It is not a supported scenario, so any side effects and potential troubles may eventually require a server reinstallation.

This being said, you can adjust the links shown on the Remote Webaccess page after login using Dashboard via Settings/Remote Web Access/Customize.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Monday, May 18, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Well, you would install your SharePoint, configure it for the wanted ports, add the link in DashBoard and add a port redirection from incoming port 900 to your servers port 900 in your router.

Olaf

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want both IIS(port 80) and SharePoint(port 900) page on WHS 2011 can be accessed from external.

It seems that this is a general SharePoint foundation accessing related issue. As this forum focuses on WHS specific issues, I recommend you to post on SharePoint forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=sharepointadminprevious&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:28 AM
  • It is not a supported scenario, so any side effects and potential troubles may eventually require a server reinstallation.

This being said, you can adjust the links shown on the Remote Webaccess page after login using Dashboard via Settings/Remote Web Access/Customize.

Olaf

Monday, May 18, 2015 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want both IIS(port 80) and SharePoint(port 900) page on WHS 2011 can be accessed from external.

It seems that this is a general SharePoint foundation accessing related issue. As this forum focuses on WHS specific issues, I recommend you to post on SharePoint forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=sharepointadminprevious&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

I Will go to Them then. Thanks.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:18 AM

Olaf

I some Way it have to. As standard out of the box are there 3-4 IIS pages there working togeter as a Remote page, Windows connect page and a Mac connect page. All on defrent ports.
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Well, you would install your SharePoint, configure it for the wanted ports, add the link in DashBoard and add a port redirection from incoming port 900 to your servers port 900 in your router.

Olaf

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 3:16 PM
  • I Will go and try that.
    Saturday, May 30, 2015 10:08 PM