Single Client Machine Looses Access to Shared Folders RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just bugged this on Connect - here

Maybe someone else is experiencing this?

"My HTPC looses access to it's shared folders. I get a permissions denied message when attempting to access various folders that I have given the machine access to in the Dashboard. No other computers connected to the Vail server have this problem. It seems the only way I have found to regain shared folder access is to reboot the server. After the server reboot the HTPC will regain access to shared folders until it goes to sleep or reboots. In other words when the HTPC disconnects from the network and then reconnects is looses access to the shared folders until I reboot the vail server."

Saturday, May 1, 2010 6:36 PM

All replies

• I am getting this same issue randomly on various machines in the house. I am not 100% sure but it map be happening after machines come back from sleep. Sometimes I can get the permissions to come back without rebooting the server, sometimes I can't.
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 11:24 PM
  • I am getting this same issue randomly on various machines in the house. I am not 100% sure but it map be happening after machines come back from sleep. Sometimes I can get the permissions to come back without rebooting the server, sometimes I can't.

I added a workaround to the bug on connect - Maybe it applies to your situation as well.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/556306/single-client-machine-looses-access-to-shared-folders

Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:09 AM
  • Thanks for that, I think your workaround meshes with what I have seen, in that I am pretty sure at least once I had the issue and then logged into launchpad and it worked.
    Monday, May 17, 2010 3:17 AM