Live Search only indexing tiny fraction of www.keenzo.com compared to Yahoo & Goog RRS feed

• Question

•  

Google indexs 1,250,000 pages

Yahoo indexes 1,032,602 pages

Live Search only  262 for www.keenzo.com and 628 for keenzo.com

We also submit files to the Live Search Product Upload Beta (similar to google base i presume, yet 1/1000th of the traffic generated)

Live Search Webmaster Center shows 5 green bars for the domain and top 5 pages..

Any ideas on what the problem is ?

Thanks!

Thursday, November 13, 2008 11:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I've re-reviewed this site with my Manager. We can't find anything wrong per se. We did notice that the URL structure might be causing an issue, but not anything major. I believe it is a mix of your rank, which is on the low side of decent, and our index limitations. Also, you might want to check sitemaps.org to verify that your sitemap extension is supported (not sure that .aspx is supported).

On a positive note, it looks like we have recently increased our indexing of your site to 14k pages from 1200 or so.

Sorry I couldn't be much more of a help.

Brett

• Marked as answer by Brett Yount Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:39 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Kuch,

I am reviewin g this and will get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, November 21, 2008 8:05 PM
  • Hi,

I've re-reviewed this site with my Manager. We can't find anything wrong per se. We did notice that the URL structure might be causing an issue, but not anything major. I believe it is a mix of your rank, which is on the low side of decent, and our index limitations. Also, you might want to check sitemaps.org to verify that your sitemap extension is supported (not sure that .aspx is supported).

On a positive note, it looks like we have recently increased our indexing of your site to 14k pages from 1200 or so.

Sorry I couldn't be much more of a help.

Brett

• Marked as answer by Brett Yount Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:39 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:44 PM
  • You are not sure that .aspx extension is supported for a site map?  The site map is a uri, and the contents of the file are important, not the extension that is used for the site map.  There are many companies that use aspx extensions, or even .ashx or axd extensions.  This is simply an easy way to have the site map request be dynamic on the server.  If there are any reasons in Live Search that check the extension of the url, dump the code - it is wrong.  I checked the sitemap protocol page and there is no mention at all of any required extension for site map files.  http://sitemaps.org/protocol.php

Thanks,

Shan

Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:34 PM
  • Couldn't agree more w/ Shan McArthur's post..  Goog, yahoo and many others use the same sitemaps.. and you can even open them directly in your browser and get the XML formatting, in other words, the browser is recognizing it as an XML doc even w/o the xml extension..  And regarding your comment on page rank, who's 'Rank' are you referring to ??  Your webmaster tools shows Keenzo.com's Page Score as 5 out of 5  across the board..  So surely you are not referring to Google's Page Rank?   And even so, Page Rank should determine positioning in search results, not whether to index the pages.

Regard,

Ron

Monday, January 26, 2009 10:51 PM