Livelink Archive Windows Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• Instruction from under "0x008a9a90" It cancels for at memory "0x014d2c48" The memory could not be "read"
    Problem is in that ??
    Friday, December 10, 2010 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hi, Damian,

welcome to MSDN Forums, but I am sorry to telly ou that this forum is covering Training and Certification topics only.

From my perspective, your problem could have multiple sources:

- Defect memory - Please test the memory of your computer.

- Defect Software - Maybe contact the vendor of the software. Wrong initialized pointers can cause trouble if they try to read memory, that the process is simply not allowed to read.

- Corrupted System - if teh system was damaged somehow, it could be, that such errors occur, too. Maybe you could try a clean rebuild of the system (after checking the memory).

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, December 10, 2010 3:56 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:29 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi, Damian,

welcome to MSDN Forums, but I am sorry to telly ou that this forum is covering Training and Certification topics only.

From my perspective, your problem could have multiple sources:

- Defect memory - Please test the memory of your computer.

- Defect Software - Maybe contact the vendor of the software. Wrong initialized pointers can cause trouble if they try to read memory, that the process is simply not allowed to read.

- Corrupted System - if teh system was damaged somehow, it could be, that such errors occur, too. Maybe you could try a clean rebuild of the system (after checking the memory).

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, December 10, 2010 3:56 PM
    Friday, December 10, 2010 2:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

Even though this is not the correct forum, I disagree with the technical reply.

First of all, the exact error message is:

the instruction at "0x008a9a90" referenced momory at "0x014d2c48". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

(i assume in the first post a bad translation of an error message was used)

I've seen the same error on multiple computers after the installation of kb2416447 (which was released in October) with alviewer.exe (the livelink viewer). Uninstalling the KB didn't help.

The error is seen when closing the livelink application. Besides the error message, the application seems to function still.

If you would know any active forum regarding this issue, please let me know.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 4:48 PM
  • Ok, so it is my 2nd point: defekt software. Maybe the vendor of this Livelink application has a support area? Who knows what he is doing so that his application crashes? (But only he can tell you that.)

With kind regards,

Konrad

Thursday, December 30, 2010 5:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Im having the same issue on a hand full of XP machines. No problems on windows 7, well regarding Livelink imaging anyway.

Application popup: alviewer.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x00859aa0" referenced memory at "0x01852f30". The memory could not be "read"..

We've tried a uninstall\reinstall, install to different location, all .nets are installed. The application works fine but when you close it you get the error above. This just recently started happening and i see other posts with people having similar issues.

Any input is appreciated.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:33 PM
  • hi guys, we are also experiencing the same issue on about 280 users. any ideas????
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:09 AM
  • This appears to be caused by a .NET update.

Try to add the file alviewer.exe.config following the instructions in the following link:

http://www.adminstimme.de/modules.php?name=eBoard&file=viewthread&tid=69

You will need translation unless you speadk German :-)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:23 PM