WGA Failing on Valid Key RRS feed

• Question

• My company is a system builder and oem. We purchase our licesnses through authorized channels (Ingram Micro & TechData) genneraly in COA/System Builder 3 - Packs.

I have a customer to which we sold three computers to in March of '05. All three of these systems are running XP Pro. One of these systems is now failing the Windows Genuine Advantage tool with the following details:

WGA Diagnostic Data (1.5.0526.1):
    -------------------------
    Genuine Validation Status: Blocked PID
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-H9Pkk-BHFFK-FFDGD
    Windows Product Key Hash: 2YW4LQmsd+NduFjF/EV283Mwbtc=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2252584-06449
    Windows Product License Type: COA/System Builder
    Windows OS Version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    Download Center code: 9N36B37
    ID: df22c77e-401b-4ee1-9e80-0b7df66a1982
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.526.0.
    Signature Type: Microsoft.
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Scan: Complete
    Cryptography: Complete

This key does match the COA on the case, and is valid. The other two systems purchased at this time pass the WGA check fine. My questions are:

1. Why is this system failing.

2. What needs to be done to remedy this situation.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:59 PM

Answers

• Ben:

I apologize for the delay in response, but we're having a few issues with the forum. Our team has read the posting and our support team has suggested to me that you create a free WGA issue case so we can contact you directly about this. We need more information regarding your key (information that shouldn't be posted here for obvious reasons) for us to track down and resolve this issue ASAP for you.

Please go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

I promise we will work to resolve this as fast as possible.

-Phil Liu

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:05 PM

All replies

• I would greatly appreciate some form of acknowledgement from a Microsoft representative that my questions have at least been read.

I have also posted this issue under the OEM system builders forms with no response.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:14 PM
  • Ben:

I apologize for the delay in response, but we're having a few issues with the forum. Our team has read the posting and our support team has suggested to me that you create a free WGA issue case so we can contact you directly about this. We need more information regarding your key (information that shouldn't be posted here for obvious reasons) for us to track down and resolve this issue ASAP for you.

Please go here:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=9860&

I promise we will work to resolve this as fast as possible.

-Phil Liu

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:05 PM