FetchXML Custom Invoice Report - Getting selected invoices on multiple pages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a custom FetchXML Invoice report currently setup with a Parent and Sub Report.

I am looking to select multiple entities of "Payments" and run this report and expect 1 invoice per page. Currrently only 1 page and 1 invoice is generated even though filtering is turned on and Filter on selected records is selected.

The baseline Invoice reports is what we are looking to resemble where you can generate multiple invoiced in one "batch" run. But am using FetchXML.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Thursday, February 6, 2014 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Use crmaf prefix and check option for multiple values on your parameter. Here is how to do it https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crmconsultinfo/archive/2011/08/11/pre-filtering-reports-fun-with-crmaf.aspx Here the one for fetch based report. http://www.magnetismsolutions.co.nz/blog/paul/11-12-19/Run_Fetch_XML_Report_on_Selected_Record_in_Dynamics_CRM_2011.aspx
    • Edited by CRMDevlpr Thursday, February 6, 2014 8:11 PM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 7:58 PM
  • Hi CRMDevlpr,

I have seen these pages before but unfortunately that isn't our answer. I have setup my FetchXML already with the EnableFilter and I get the filter pop up when running the report. The problem though is when I choose my selected records and choose that from the filter pop up, even though I select 4 Orders, I still just get 1 invoice on 1 page. I am expecting 4 invoices on 4 pages.

Can you explain perhaps in more detail or share your email and maybe I can share you my report?

Thanks

Ian

• Proposed as answer by chngsmu Friday, February 7, 2014 6:58 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by ian486 Friday, February 7, 2014 1:55 PM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 2:42 AM
  • Hi

Make your parameter hidden. Instead of visible.

If you have done that, and still getting parameter popped up. Then go to Report Server, report you uploaded, settings and make parameter hidden there.

my email id karansharma3@hotmail.com

Friday, February 7, 2014 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

I have done that already.

I currently am seeing 1 individual report running in context. But when I attempt to run a batch on multiple records, I only get 1 report back instead of multiple.

I believe this is pretty easy to accomplish using SQL but we are using FetchXML as its an online customer.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Is this possible in FetchXML? Custom Batch Invoice Report? Where you get multiple pages of different invoices for different customers?

Ian

Friday, February 7, 2014 3:11 PM
  • Hi Ian,

In the parent report:

Create a table

Associate the table with the dataset you are using to retrieve your filtered IDs

Insert the sub report into the table

Pass the parameters to the sub report as fields only (e.g. "new_paymentid.Value" and not "First(new_paymentid.Value, Dataset X)"

Jeff

JBM

Thursday, February 20, 2014 4:33 PM