re-enstalling one care RRS feed

• Question

• i want to replace my windows vista with windows 98.  After i install windows 98, how Do I re-install Windows live one care with out paying for it again?

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:04 PM

Answers

• You cannot install OneCare on Windows 98. OneCare only works on 32 bit XP with SP2 and Vista.

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:42 AM

All replies

•  

When it asks you to restart your subscription you must use the same e-mail you used before, you subscription is register to that e-mail. To check which one you used the first time. In oneCare click -- help -- about. Once reinstalled it will detect that it is already activated.
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:06 PM
  • when i install windows 98, it will wipe out every thing in memory.  how do i reinstall if i cant find live one care.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:21 PM
  • I belive that if you have already activated the subscription once as long as you ativate the reinstalled version with the same e-mail it will know that it has already be registered. That is how it is able to be installed on on multipull computers under the same id number.

Check which one you used on the first install before unistalling it.

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:25 PM
  • You cannot install OneCare on Windows 98. OneCare only works on 32 bit XP with SP2 and Vista.

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:42 AM