Getting it formatted for Youtube RRS feed

• Question

• I have to admit I love the look of this software but I think I'm being stupid! I've opened the video, I've changed the settings, I've processed a clip (3 minutes of motorcycling) then saved it BUT if I try to open the file again it plays at normal speed not Hyperlapsed, I notice the file size is tiny, 697 bytes.  I also want to upload it to Youtube but how do you format it? I've tried opening it in Movie Maker but it's the wrong format. So 2 problems, why can I see the Hyperlapse after it's processed and how to I format it for Youtube.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 9:43 PM

All replies

• If movie maker won't open it then you have a codec decodec problem. You may have to hunt about for codec packs to solve this. Some movies just fail to process in hyperlapse pro - to eliminate that: you could try shooting a minute in your lounge and try load that into hyperlapse. Try shoot some video on a different device like on your mobile phone and see if that also screws up?

automation of testing the stuff dude

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 9:53 PM
  • Thanks for the tip, I'll give the mobile footage a go now.  It's good to know I was going on the right road with Movie Maker, I'll go on the codec hunt next! 
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 9:59 PM
  • Also, what model camera did you use? Is seems some sony cams don't work well with this program - I use an AS100V Sony cam, and it's fine. If in doubt you can download the gopro software which has a free format converter in it (saves you downloading a dodgy converter) - you just have to tell your PC not to open gopro every time you insert a thumbdrive and it's not a bother after that.

automation of testing the stuff dude

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:05 PM
  • I was being stupid, there were 2 file types in the destination folder and I was trying to open the wrong one! I'm just converting one in Movie Maker now. The quality is average but the footage had been previously processed so was to be expected. Thanks again
    Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:17 PM