Static route not trusted for routing RRS feed

• Question

•  

We are working on the integration between OCS2007 and Cisco Unified Presence 6.0 and have trouble getting the remote call control to work correctly.

We have configured a static route from the OCS server to the CUPS server:

Static IP routes (outbound connections)

URI:                                                             Next hop address:          Port:          Transport:

SIP:*@svg-s-cups01.show.ementorlab.int       172.16.80.21                  5060           TCP

We have also added the host address to the Host Authorization Tab.

When we run a validation of the Front End Server, we get the following error:

Next Hop: Not trusted for routing

Suggested Resolution: Static route entries must specify a next hop that is trusted for routing. If the nest hop server is not an enterprise server then please configure the next hop host name in the host authorization tab.

But we have defined the host name in the host authorization tab. We are also able to run a telnet to the CUPS server, so the connection should be OK. Why isn't the next hop trusted for routing?? Have we missed some configuration somewhere??

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Kari - Did u get this resolved? I'm running into same problem if you like to share how you got that to work (if at all).

Thanks
    ~Saeed
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:42 AM
  • Hi,

Just also wondering if you ever got this fixed.

I am trying to integrate OCS with Exchange 2007 in a lab environment and am getting the same error when i try and validate the front end server.

Cheers

Russell

Friday, September 5, 2008 9:53 AM
  • You descripe that you have defiend the Host name in the Host authorization tab.

Try adding the IP address also this might fix your problem.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:06 PM
  • this might be a dumb question but.....have you installed and configured a mediation server?

the front end server/s can not talk to the CUPS direct... calls have to be routed through the mediation server

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 4:03 AM