CRM 4.0 Installation and Domain Controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there!

We want to evaluate CRM 4.0.
    Therefore I've tried to install the downloadable CRM - Testversion and run into an error, that is allready known. It's because of not reachable Domain Controllers.
    And: YES - DNS configuration is OK - the servers are still not available (are setup at the moment, no internet connection, ..).

And there is allready a Hotfix to solve this problem.

BUT: The Hotfix only installs if CRM 4.0 is installed, but I can't.. (chicken egg problem).

So I've searched for a newer installation file - but there isn't one with Rollup 1 (which includes this Hotfix).
    So I've tried to slipstream the Rollups into the installation. That didn't work either.

I've searched everywhere and didn't find a solution for my problem (which isn't a DNS - Problem here). There must be a solution to handle this. I could install every other CRM - Software for evaluation without any problems. But we want to evaluate MS CRM 4, too, because we think, that it will perfectly fit our needs...

System:
    CRM - Server: Windows Server 2003
    DB - Server: SQL SErver 2008 (seperate Server with Windows Server 2008)

Please help!

Thx, Markus

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 11:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Markus,

Are you using an account that is a domain administrator AND a sql server administrator?

Also - since your server does not have internet connection, please look at this KB:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/948917

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:00 PM
  • Hi Alex!

I'm using an account that ist domain admin - Yes.
    The account used for the services (application pool for example) is ofcourse not an admin - account.

I do have Internet Connectivity and I do load all updates before installation.

But thank you for the link - maybe this will help me.
    I'll go through this and will come back to you!

Markus
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:31 PM
  • Also - please post the exact error message you are receiving.

Alex Fagundes - www.PowerObjects.com
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 7:27 PM