none
HOME GROUP ISSUE with W10 RRS feed

• Question

• After installing W10 (or rather reinstalling it after having another problem) can't use HomeGroup, or network in order to share my printer. 

Printer is connected via Ethernet to PC, but with W8.1 used to be able to share it with all other computers on home network.Now impossible.

The other computers are on W8.1 or W7

Used to work perfectly, before W10. Are the other windows version sincompatible with W10, for this?

It detects the printer I want to join on network, (I can use the printer on the main computer as it is connected by wire, not wifi) but then tells me impossible.

What do I have to do?

How do you completely eliminate network, in order to restart a new one?

How do you completely eliminate HomeGroup in odre to create new one?

Many thanks

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:07 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 2:07 PM

All replies

• fORGOT TO MENTION, W10 doesn't let me share printer on Network either (without using HomeGroup)

I saw somewhere I should delete network and start again and creat new one, but have no idea how that is done. Where to start?

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows 10 forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl