none
Whose College has MSDN Academic Alliance ? RRS feed

• Question

• I know many of your college must be having the "MSDN Academic Alliance" Subscription.

This is what it offers for the students of those college/department/institute.

1. You are entitled to get Most of the Microsoft softwares including all OS's except Office package for FREE. Every year Microsoft gives about 600 cd-keys to the institute which you can request and get it from your department/college/institute.

2. For departments and institutes that have an active MSDN AA subscription, there is a dedicated download server. Students from the department or institute can log in and download the software.

The main problem is, the teachers knowing this fact, still dont give us the cds, nor they burn them for us. So what can we do ??

also has anyone got a account created for the downloading site ? http://www.microsoft.com/india/student/DSD.aspx

Friday, March 2, 2007 1:26 PM

All replies

• i think our college doesn't have that, how to subscribe for "MSDN Academic Alliance"...
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 1:31 AM
  • hey man your college needs to subscribe for it, and it costs a lot, about 40000 per year for first time joining, and about 20000 per year for further renewals.

but with that the college gets all the MS softwares, and also 600 cd-keys per year, and they are allowed to give it to the students of that college :) the students are then entitled to use the genuine windows :)

to search whether you college has the MSDN AA
    http://www.msdnaa.net/search/SchoolSearchIntl.aspx

also see that website for the further details how to subscribe and etc etc....
    Sunday, March 4, 2007 5:02 AM
  • No ones college has MSDN AA subscription ?/
    Monday, March 5, 2007 4:10 PM
  • i don't think it is accesible for our colleges..
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:42 PM
  • hey m8, for your info MSDN AA are for colleges, institutes who are teaching engineering, science etc etc.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:27 PM