Money won't start, suddenly, after working for years RRS feed

• Question

• Suddenly, when I click to start Money, instead of starting, the opening screen comes up with a dialog box asking me to accept the terms of the Microsoft Online Services Policy.  I click "Accept" and the program disappears/crashes.  Gone.  Won't start.  This never happened before.  It's been working flawlessly for years.

Anybody know what I can do?

Saturday, October 9, 2010 11:00 PM

Answers

• If you are in the US, and if you are running Money 2004 or newer, Reinstall Money, or download Money Plus Deluxe Sunset and install that. If you are running Money 2005, that requires some extra procedures if you want it to keep working.

You don't specify your version. You don't say what kind of downloads you want to do.

Saturday, October 9, 2010 11:17 PM

All replies

• If you are in the US, and if you are running Money 2004 or newer, Reinstall Money, or download Money Plus Deluxe Sunset and install that. If you are running Money 2005, that requires some extra procedures if you want it to keep working.

You don't specify your version. You don't say what kind of downloads you want to do.

Saturday, October 9, 2010 11:17 PM
  • Cal, thank you.  I've stopped using online updates cause they don't work and I update everything by hand.  The program is my LIFE and I use it every day and continue to like it very much.  A simple re-install worked.  Easy and good.  Thank you very much.
    Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:21 PM