How to: Create Demo Model? PowerShell error. RRS feed

• Question

• I ask power shell.

PS C:\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\PowerShell scripts\en> Create-ZentityDataModel
    ClientSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\Samples\US Presidents Sample\RDFs\Pi
    votDemo.xml" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\Samples\US Presidents Sample\RDFS\P
    ivotDemo.xsd" PivotDemo.Model
    The answer is.
    The term 'Create-ZentityDataModelClientSetup' is not recognized as the name of
     a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of th
    e name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try agai
    n.
    At line:1 char:36
    + Create-ZentityDataModelClientSetup <<<<  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\Sam
    ples\US Presidents Sample\RDFs\PivotDemo.xml" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zentity\S
    amples\US Presidents Sample\RDFS\PivotDemo.xsd" PivotDemo.Model
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Create-ZentityDataModelClientS
       etup:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
    Why?
    Also why there is difference between folder structure of last version and documentation. There is no en/es folders in documentstion!

• Edited by ItSurfer Monday, October 31, 2011 10:52 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 10:49 AM

Answers

• Sql server 2008 is ok. If it is asking for automatic updates then allow, else its fine. If you re-installing zentity again. uninstall it. delete all files and folder related to it and delete the already placed zentity database with close all open connection checkbox checked.

• Marked as answer by ItSurfer Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:33 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:12 PM

All replies

• Function list is loaded well.

Zentity Console : Data Modeling Service

-- function list --

Add-ZentityServiceToConfig

Check-ZentityServiceExists

Create-ZentityDataModelFromRawXml

Create-ZentityDataModelFromXmlFiles

Delete-ZentityDataModel

Generate-ZentityFlattenedAssemblies

Generate-ZentityFlattenedMetadataAssembly

Generate-ZentityHierarchicalAssemblies

Generate-ZentityHierarchicalMetadataAssembly

Get-ZentityDataModels

Get-ZentityServiceUriForService

Set-ZentityAdminConfigurationServiceUri

Set-ZentityDataModelServiceUri

Set-ZentityInstallPath

Set-ZentityPublishingConfigurationServiceUri

Set-ZentityPublishingServiceUri

Set-ZentityResourceTypeServiceUri

Update-ZentityDataModels

Zentity Console : Create-ZentityDataModel

-- function list --

Add-ZentityServiceToConfig

Check-ZentityServiceExists

Create-ZentityDataModelClientSetup

Create-ZentityDataModelFromRawXml

Create-ZentityDataModelFromXmlFiles

Delete-ZentityDataModel

Generate-ZentityFlattenedAssemblies

Generate-ZentityFlattenedMetadataAssembly

Generate-ZentityHierarchicalAssemblies

Generate-ZentityHierarchicalMetadataAssembly

Get-ZentityDataModels

Get-ZentityServiceUriForService

Set-ZentityAdminConfigurationServiceUri

Set-ZentityDataModelServiceUri

Set-ZentityInstallPath

Set-ZentityPublishingConfigurationServiceUri

Set-ZentityPublishingServiceUri

Set-ZentityResourceTypeServiceUri

Update-ZentityDataModelClientSetup

Update-ZentityDataModels

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:53 AM
  • 1) Run powershell as an Administrator.

2) For above cmd to run, please load the . ./Zentity-ConfigureDataModel.ps1 file first.

-Thanks

• Proposed as answer by Kalnemi Monday, October 31, 2011 11:33 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 11:27 AM
  • I did it properly.

1. I run Zentity-ConfigureDataModel.ps1

2. Create-ZentityDataModelClientSetup [path1] [path2] [modelName] . Returns error.

Could it be an error I saw here? You answered previously swap the path and the model name.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Are you getting the same error(The term 'Create-ZentityDataModelClientSetup' is not recognized..) as before..??

Could you provide some more information. I am assuming you have Zentity server and Zentity clients are properly installed which are downloaded from the Zentity website.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:21 PM
  • Yes, you are right. I wanna provide my steps.

0. It was not so easy to find ALL REQUIRED dlls [it could be a reason] and intalls. (so many... you should surf Internet deeply to find all).

1. Client and Server on the same PC. (installation didn't want to continue because it required me to create a folder to default path, I did)

2. Then when I run Program Files. WebUI didn't start. Because 

"An error occurred while processing your last request. Please try again or contact Zentity administrator."

I told here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/zentity/thread/ce71cd12-d350-4d56-83a2-cde4e6f3ec8b

3. I decided to run the solution. I found all required dlls and (you know the most difficult for me was to find this one GuanxiMap controls)

It's not here: http://research.microsoft.com/zentity 

But here: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/0e89441e-9bb2-489d-8836-5c2a5b9138f5/default.aspx

No errors... admin page started. But. Search and all additional features failed.( [it's solution source code, it's not release from PrFiles]

Then. 

4. I decided that release project didn't work because I haven't got data to Zentity. I did... but still no pivot, no relations.

5. Finally I decided that it requires photos to work with. But importing The President collection  failed on my PowerShell second query. When I asked to run the function from the ps1.

That's it.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:43 PM
  • no pivot, no relations

No relations - I mean there is no possibility to search.

I had some problems during sql installation.

At first I installed sql2010 then [there were some errors, but documentation told smth like "R2 and higher is ok"]

then I somehow installed R2. But it told me that there is newer version.

It was almost a week ago. Its all evens that I noticed.

Monday, October 31, 2011 12:52 PM
  • 0. You do not need to download any external dlls to install Zentity. Download Zentity 2.0 from this place. http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/a4125c74-36ea-4f23-9278-792de0808e45/default.aspx

or download Zentity 2.1 version from http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/zentity/ Client and server separately.

Unbloack the zip file by right click -> mark unblock the check box.

Extract it to a desired location.

1. Install servcer and client on the same machine or diffrenet machine. It will ask to create folders in C, create accordingly. Now when server is installed log -off and log-on again and install the client.

2. If you are getting this issue, go to inetmgr--> Zentity 2.0 -> Right Click Visual Explorer -> Explore and do the uncomment as suggested in the last thread and enable windows authentication.

3. GuanxiMap you can find at http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/0e89441e-9bb2-489d-8836-5c2a5b9138f5/default.aspx title name Zentity Visual Explorer dlls.

You do not need this untill you get the source code of zentity and you are trying to build it on your local machine. I am not concerned about the working with the source code yet.

4. Now you can upload some data to zentity by using ZentityDataImport application in the samples folder. These data will be added as children of scholarly resources. (Follow Getting started guide).

5. If you want to create new model and upload custom data accordingly then follow the example of US president in getting started guide.

6. Now if you are done with all and want more customization and control then download the Zentity source code and play around.

Hope this will help you getting clear idea. if any doubt still there please let us know.

Thanks.

Monday, October 31, 2011 1:05 PM
  • Sql server 2008 is ok. If it is asking for automatic updates then allow, else its fine. If you re-installing zentity again. uninstall it. delete all files and folder related to it and delete the already placed zentity database with close all open connection checkbox checked.

• Marked as answer by ItSurfer Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:33 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:12 PM
  • I followed all your instructions. I was amazed that it took me an hour to install and configure everything in a proper way.

I installed Zentity in 5-10 minutes. But it required me to make many faults in previous days.

The final answer: it was my fault. Until the second installation I had been sure that all IIS tickes were marked. It was true exept one "IIS hostable web core". All troubles came from this point. I even know why. I spent much time to learn how to configure solution source code. It took quite a bit of my attention. So by the time of the installation I made this small mistake.

You need dive in before you want to surf. Thank you, Kalmeni.

• Edited by ItSurfer Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:34 AM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:33 AM