Sync Center Helper classes or integration sample RRS feed

• Question

• I know that Sync Framework has no ties with the Vista Sync Center, but with the advent of this Framework, we'll get more and more application-specific sync process, each one with its own UI... Something the Sync Center was aimed at making disappear.

It would be great if the Sync Framework provided a simple way to "publish" informations to the Sync Center, without having to find all by ourselves how ISyncMgrSessionCreator works...

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Monday, April 18, 2011 10:29 PM Forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Feedback [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:03 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.

We are also investigating how better to integrate this experience into the Sync center.

Maybe not in Windows 7 release, but thereafter.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 8:59 PM

All replies

• Just to make sure - would a sample application that ties into Sync Center suffice? Sounds like a reasonable sample request but I wanted to see if you were wondering how providers could auto-register and sync using the UI framework of Sync Center...

-Moe

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:32 AM
  • In a perfect world, I'd really like to have an helper class to just write something like SyncCenter.RegisterProvider(...) to get my provider into Sync Center. Now, having this as a sample instead of a framework-included class would be a solution if you can't add this kind of feature "so late" in the dev process. Not to mention that it would certainly help people understand how Sync Center works.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008 8:55 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.

We are also investigating how better to integrate this experience into the Sync center.

Maybe not in Windows 7 release, but thereafter.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 8:59 PM