Contacting Onecare RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

I am a re-seller of onecare, and i have a customer with an ongoing issue with their new copy of onecare claiming it has expired, even though it is less than 6months old. I do not want a soloution posted here, i want the New Zealand free call phone number for the "unlimited free phone support" offered on the box so that the customer can work thru the issue over the phone. Please respond ASAP!

Chris

Friday, January 4, 2008 11:04 PM

Answers

•  

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

The support numbers are not published as trial users are not entitled to phone support, so you need to be validated in order to get access to the support number.

I don't completely agree with this, though.

I know you don't want a solution here, but have the customer check the computer date and time, which is the most common reason for the problem you are describing. They should also confirm their subscription status online by signing in with their LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com

Finally, I'm on the other side of the world from you, NJ, USA, so won't be back to my email for about 8 hours or so, but you can contact me at sboots@mvps.org and include "OneCare" in the email subject and a link to this thread in the message body. I would have emailed you, but you did not put your address in your visible forum profile. I only have access to the public side of the forum data and don't know the ID you actually log in with.

-steve

Saturday, January 5, 2008 3:35 AM

All replies

•  

How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If it fails to validate your subscription, select the option that you are using a trial or beta copy and you can proceed to email support without validation once you've signed in.

The support numbers are not published as trial users are not entitled to phone support, so you need to be validated in order to get access to the support number.

I don't completely agree with this, though.

I know you don't want a solution here, but have the customer check the computer date and time, which is the most common reason for the problem you are describing. They should also confirm their subscription status online by signing in with their LiveID at http://billing.microsoft.com

Finally, I'm on the other side of the world from you, NJ, USA, so won't be back to my email for about 8 hours or so, but you can contact me at sboots@mvps.org and include "OneCare" in the email subject and a link to this thread in the message body. I would have emailed you, but you did not put your address in your visible forum profile. I only have access to the public side of the forum data and don't know the ID you actually log in with.

-steve

Saturday, January 5, 2008 3:35 AM
  • So there is a support phone number for those with a purchase copy of Live OneCare?  I need that that number then.  Unlike Chris, I see no mention of it on my box, though.  I'm having the same problem Chris is having, and a month and a half of emails with support has yielded no results.  I need a living, breathing individual, so that when he/she gives me the same instructions I've already done half a dozen times, I can say I've already done that, give me something new.  You'd think the technicians I've been emailing would read my messages and see what hasn't worked before giving me the same suggestions again, but they don't.  If a suggestion didn't work the first, second, third, or fourth time, I don't know why they think it will work the 5th time.  I have 10 days left on this "90 day trial copy" which is really a 1 year purchased copy from Walmart, and I have no idea what happens when it expires even though I have about 10 months left on my copy.  I'd rather get this sorted before then, though. 

Sunday, January 6, 2008 11:14 AM
  • After the 90 day trial expires, OneCare will continue to protect you, but it will no longer update and tune-up and backup won't work.

Since you've been in contact with support via email, you can always request that the problem be escalated since you are a paid customer, despite not having an account yet.

Hopefully, your problem can be resolved soon.

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:20 PM