Vista Home Premium Validation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my computer from best buy in April '07 with windows home vista premium installed. I've reformatted it 3 times. Roughly every three months i turn on my computer and it says "You may be a victim of software piracy" and then if i restart my computer again the screen goes completely black and all i can do is open an internet browser. This is very frusterating, and i can't afford to buy windows XP because i just bought this top-of-the-line computer that's bogged down by software failure. Right now i am just not shutting down my computer, but i still can't get windows aero. I cannot recieve updates (maybe one that would fix this error?,) and i cannot get rid of these annoying windows telling me that i am a software pirate.
    Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:27 PM

Answers

•  

PK:

Cool, thanks for the info! It looks like your machine has passed the "30 days" grace period for activation. Normally, large OEM PC's (like your HP Pavillion) does not have to go through activation.

However, have you changed hardware or updated drivers for anything lately? Whether its from Windows Update or from HP directly?

I would suggest going to the system properties (click the Windows/Start button, then right click MY COMPUTER and click PROPERTIES. Scroll to the bottom and click "Activate Windows" or "Change Product Key" and use the Windows Vista product key that came with your PC).

-phil

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:15 PM
  • What you need to do is to reset/reactivate your Windows Vista installation using the telephone activation method:

You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
    (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
    Enter.
    The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:43 PM

All replies

• Hi there,

Are you connected to internet?

If you are go to control->system->

Here at the bottom it will say if you  are activated. If not cliclk on the one to "activate on line".

After that get to the same window[control->system] and at he bottom again you will see windows activated. Here on the Right you will see a logo " ask for Genuine Microsoft software" learn more on line.  Now clic this link to learn more on line and you will see if your OS is genuine.

Click this and when you are doing it for the first time it will ask your permission to activate Active X control-To which you agree.

You will see you are now owner of a genuine VISTA.

Try this and let know

snow

Monday, August 13, 2007 7:00 AM
  • I am connected to the internet via wireless connection.
    I cannot get into the control panel. When i try to access the control panel, it shows me the control panel window, but completely blank. I could probably access it in safe mode. but i don't get the error in safe mode, and in safe mode, i cannot access the internet.
    Monday, August 13, 2007 5:01 PM
  •  

Please post the results of the WGA diagnostics tool (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012) with any new question. 

Please also post the error code you get (if any) when you validate by clicking "Validate Windows" here: www.microsoft.com/genuine
    The error code will be gray and in brackets at the end of the message on the page that says validation failed.  (It'll look something like this:  [0xC004C000]).

Thank you!

Monday, August 13, 2007 11:37 PM
  • Sorry, here it is:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Detailed Status: 0xc004f012
    Cached / Grace status: (N/A, hr = 0xc004f012) / 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-27HYQ-XTKW2-WQD8Q
    Windows Product Key Hash: U8YEZzymoD4DMyaMb32rPrNIS90=
    Windows Product ID: 89578-OEM-7332157-00061
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000
    ID: {8FA3202F-8FA6-400B-B620-CC7F0062F26C}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: (N/A, hr = 0xc004f012) / 0x0 / (N/A, hr = 0xc004f012)
    WGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Failed to retrieve file version. - 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: FCEE394C-2993-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{8FA3202F-8FA6-400B-B620-CC7F0062F26C}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010300.0.0.000</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WQD8Q</PKey><PID>89578-OEM-7332157-00061</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3623520920-2291169600-2090870121</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Model>HP Pavilion dv6000 (RP168UA#ABA)  </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Hewlett-Packard</Manufacturer><Version>F.28    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070208000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>6B333507018400FE</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Central Standard Time(GMT-06:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

---------------------

The error code when i tried to validate is:
    [0xC004C4A8]

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:18 AM
  •  

PK:

Cool, thanks for the info! It looks like your machine has passed the "30 days" grace period for activation. Normally, large OEM PC's (like your HP Pavillion) does not have to go through activation.

However, have you changed hardware or updated drivers for anything lately? Whether its from Windows Update or from HP directly?

I would suggest going to the system properties (click the Windows/Start button, then right click MY COMPUTER and click PROPERTIES. Scroll to the bottom and click "Activate Windows" or "Change Product Key" and use the Windows Vista product key that came with your PC).

-phil

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:15 PM
  • this didn't work. When i click "properties" nothing happens. Is it possible my version of vista is faulty? no one else is having problems like mine it seems. I've tried activating my computer via the internet and phone and the key that is printed on the bottom of my laptop is invalid. Impossible. I've double checked and re-entered. Is it possible to get a different version of vista?
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:02 AM
  •  

PK:

To confirm - you can't access your properties in your control panel on your PC? Definitely sounds fishy.

Do you have the recovery media for your OEM PC? I'd recommend using that to do a "repair" installation (or factory, whichever you prefer).

It looks like some system files may be corrupted if even the control panel cannot load.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:55 PM
  • You are not the only one having problems.  We are having the exact same error messages that you are receiving.  I cannot believe that we spent this much money and this is what we got for the money.  I want to uninstall Vista and go back to XP!

Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:25 PM
  • What you need to do is to reset/reactivate your Windows Vista installation using the telephone activation method:

You can get started with phone activation by typing "slui.exe 4"
    (w/o the quotes) in the Start Search box in the Start Menu and pressing
    Enter.
    The phone activation process takes about 6 minutes.

Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:43 PM