Message Says Microsoft Not Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• My computer got a virus and I took it to a computer place to have it fixed.  When I got it back, I had to reload Microsoft 2007 and now I get a message that says it is not a genuine copy and in 14 days it will expire.  My company owns the software and we have serial numbers.  I have all my business documents set up under Microsoft and would hate to lose everything.  What can I do to fix this?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it hasn't done any good.  I have Windows Vista on my computer.  Thanks for your help.
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 1:32 PM

Answers

• "jennyhodge56" wrote in message news:b3b8b81e-0412-469a-a020-bb4399d16b72...
    My computer got a virus and I took it to a computer place to have it fixed.  When I got it back, I had to reload Microsoft 2007 and now I get a message that says it is not a genuine copy and in 14 days it will expire.  My company owns the software and we have serial numbers.  I have all my business documents set up under Microsoft and would hate to lose everything.  What can I do to fix this?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it hasn't done any good.  I have Windows Vista on my computer.  Thanks for your help.

Please download the MGADiag tool from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    Run the download - then click on Continue to generate the report. Click on the Copy button when it's available, and then paste the results into your reply.
    I suspect that the repair shop used an invalid Key to reinstall Office - and you'll have to uninstall that, and then reinstall using your legal key.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 2:12 PM

All replies

• "jennyhodge56" wrote in message news:b3b8b81e-0412-469a-a020-bb4399d16b72...
    My computer got a virus and I took it to a computer place to have it fixed.  When I got it back, I had to reload Microsoft 2007 and now I get a message that says it is not a genuine copy and in 14 days it will expire.  My company owns the software and we have serial numbers.  I have all my business documents set up under Microsoft and would hate to lose everything.  What can I do to fix this?  I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it hasn't done any good.  I have Windows Vista on my computer.  Thanks for your help.

Please download the MGADiag tool from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
    Run the download - then click on Continue to generate the report. Click on the Copy button when it's available, and then paste the results into your reply.
    I suspect that the repair shop used an invalid Key to reinstall Office - and you'll have to uninstall that, and then reinstall using your legal key.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Tuesday, August 3, 2010 2:12 PM
  • No reply from Original Poster

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Friday, August 6, 2010 8:31 PM