PLEASE SOMEONE HELP, I HAVE NO SOUND AT ALL AND NO ONE HELPED LAST TIME, I HAVE READ ALL THE OTHER ONES WITH SIMMILAR PROBLEMS.. RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have not had any sound on my computer since friday afternoon, and it is really starting to irritate me, I have done everything that it says to do in all the other fourms with similar problems and it either wont let me do what ever it is you guys say to do or it just dont work....

when I use Media Player and try to play a song this pops up...

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.

then I go to volume control and it says this..

There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, Click Printers and Other Hardward, and then click Add Hardware,

This program will now close.

ok I tried to do that "add new hardware thing"

DONT WORK

what do I do please someone help Sad

I just want my sound back so I can listen to my music and what not, and I cant even stand to be on here knowing I have no sound

please

HELP!!!

I am lost and dont know what do to since I have tried all the other options...

thanks

JaMEs!!!

"NOTE- I HAVE DONE THE SYSTEM RESTORE IT WILL ONLY LET ME DO IT UP TO THE DAY THIS ALL HAPPEND, AND ITS AFTER I DELETED EVERYTHING ON ACCIDENT, WHEN IT SAID TO CLEAR STUFF SO I HAVE MORE SPACE..."

Tuesday, November 6, 2007 4:35 AM

All replies

• I have done the exact same thing as you and i really need the sound on my computer. i have recently bought myself a brand new iPod and i cant install it properly on my computer because of its lack of sound. its really annoying me because i want to play with my ipod and i cant. i have been through all the same stages and pop-ups etc and nothing is happening. i have tried downloading the audio device from the internet but it just wont work. if anyone could hlp me i would be really happy

thanks, Logs
    Monday, February 11, 2008 10:19 PM
  • Me too

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:10 AM