SyncSDK-v2.1 install problem on Windows 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install Microsoft Sync Framework 2.1 on my Windows 8.1 64 bit PC. Installations fails wit a dialog box saying "This setup requires .NET Framework version 2.0 or greater. Please install the .net Framework and run this setup Again."
    I have checked the Windows Features controls panel and made sure, that every checkbox in the .NET Framework is checked, so all versions of .NET from 2.0 and up should be installed on the system.

Why am I getting this error during installation?

With kind regards

Peder Skånning

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:06 AM

All replies

• By the way, I have installed the SDK syccesfully on another Windows 8.1 system without any problems, so I know it Works under Windows 8.1
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 7:08 AM
  • I am still struggeling to get the Microsoft Sync Framework installed. When I check the requirements, I notice, that Windows 8 is not listed under operating systems.

Is it ment to Work with Windows 8.1?

Hardware and Software Requirements for Sync Framework

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:51 AM
  • At last I have managed to get the framework installed in a Visual Studio 2013 project via NuGet. I just hope that deploy to UAT and production environments will not have the same issues, as I have experienced.

My concerns about the framework is growing as I learn, that the Visual Studio template "Local Database Cache" has been discontinued since VS 2010. New releases of the framework targeting databases are only concerned with Microsoft Azure, and I am going to develop a SQL Server 2012 Enterprise backend to SQL Server 2012 Express synchronization.

I am wondering if i am entering a dead end Development, and would it be wiser to chose another architecture for the project?

Please let me know if anybody are working with Sql Server to SQL server synchronization in a Windows 8 environment with VS 2013.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:41 PM
  • I am giving up and quitting from Microsoft Sync Framework. I my view it now ranks under the Group obsolete :-(
    Friday, September 4, 2015 9:47 AM