none
Can anyone explain this? RRS feed

• Question

• Please look at the following figure:

Any ideas?

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Moved by Zoltán HorváthMVP Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:17 AM related to Profile (From:TechNet Wiki Discussion)
    • Changed type Hasham NiazModerator Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:46 PM Question
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:06 PM

Answers

• UPDATE: I submitted this as a bug request, just in case.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

• Marked as answer by R.Alikhani Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:09 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:48 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Do you know how many articles you contributed and edited? It looks like a bug (but bug in your favor).

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 2:18 PM
  • This is not my profile. I suddenly saw that profile...

Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:16 PM
  • It still looks like a bug. There are number of various bugs related to articles and achievements.

My blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:18 PM
  • I've seen a number of bugs where people get credit for Wiki activity by mistake. However, then the statistics (though wrong) explain the achievements. This is a different case I have never seen, where the statistics do not justify the achievements.

In other cases, I've noticed that the dates for the gold, silver, and bronze achievements are the same (or very close), which makes me think a clean up operation tried to fix old problems so the achievements were awarded at the same time, even though they couldn't have been achieved at the same time. Are the dates in this case close?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:46 PM

• Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:40 PM
  • Yes, looks like a bug which was later corrected when a single new article was counted multiple times. The bug was corrected in the number of articles, but not in the achievements. 

I guess you may want to send this to fissues at microsoft dot com to let them know this particular bug.

BTW, I think I could have been affected by this bug myself. I only started a single article (which I never actually finished and don't know what happened to it), but it counted many times in my profile.

My blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:59 PM
  • There was a somewhat related bug recently where TechNet Wiki edits were getting counted as new articles in the profile page, but it was supposed to have been fixed.  I haven't verified if it has been. 

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

My Blog

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:02 PM
  • As of yesterday the related bug (Wiki article edits counted as new articles) had not been corrected. It seems like most of my Wiki article edits get counted as new articles in my profile activities and in my statistics. They are working on this bug.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:14 PM
  • As Richard mentions, if it's related then it's being worked on.

Do you have a link to that user's profile? I'd like to submit it as an example.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:48 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Ed!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/ali10

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:21 AM
  • UPDATE: I submitted this as a bug request, just in case.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by R.Alikhani Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:09 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:48 AM
    Owner