Turn off original text display for Translator Widget RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to completely turn off the display of the original text after a web page has been translated using the Translator Widget? (i.e. when users mouse over the translated text right now, a grey box pops up with the original text) It'd be great if there's an option to not show that. Thanks!

Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:21 AM

Answers

• Hello Ironin,

the display of the original on hover cannot be turned off in the widget.

The widget uses the Microsoft Translator AJAX API. With it, you can re-implement the desired behavior, with or without the source text on hover. http://api.microsofttranslator.com.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:20 AM

All replies

• Hello Ironin,

the display of the original on hover cannot be turned off in the widget.

The widget uses the Microsoft Translator AJAX API. With it, you can re-implement the desired behavior, with or without the source text on hover. http://api.microsofttranslator.com.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:20 AM
  • I'd also like to know why it can't be turned off! If someone can't read English, and they choose a different language, what use is a popup that shows the language they didn't want? Especially when said popup overlays half of the web page they're trying to look at! It's ruining the look of my website, and I'm seriously considering deleting the widget. Also, the widget "language selection" tab appears in the top-left corner of my page. Right where 98% of us put our page logo. What good is that? And before anyone says "you can move it"... No, you can't move it on an iPad. I've tried. Another problem with regards the iPad... I can't post a question on this forum. I can fill out the Title section, but I can't access the Body, to write my question. I'm guessing that's an iOS issue, but it's of no use to me. The website (forum) developer obviously didn't test on all browsers. It's a safe bet that it works fine in IE. :-) Sorry about all these questions (rants), but Microsoft provide no support for their Webmaster Tools. I've looked everywhere, and can find nothing of any use. And as it's a fairly new widget, there's very little found on the search engines. At least, not that I found useful. Thank you, for any useful answers.
    Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:37 PM