Connector no longer functioning or updating RRS feed

• Question

• The windows home server connector is no longer functioning on my computer. I have not had a problem with this software since I installed it but sometime in the last 2 weeks it has stopped working.

The software will not start up with the computer any longer, nor can I turn it on manually. When I click the shortcut or the exe there is a quick flash on my taskbar as if the program launched but it never shows up and disappears from the taskbar nearly instantly. I have looked at my Task manager and a service named "Windows Server Connector Update Service" which seems to suggest maybe the software was simply updating itself, but this service has been running for over a week now. Seems like something is wrong with this service or something is preventing it from finishing.

Additional Notes: I can still access my server through the network, but lack the access rights to folders that were limited to my user on the server, so I don't seem to be actually logged in. I can still log into the server through the dashboard, and the computer seems to still see my computer.

Thinks I have tried:

Restarted the Computer

Restarted the Server

Uninstalled the one new program I installed over that time

Uninstalled and reinstalled the connector through my windows home server

Turned off all running other programs I could

Friday, January 10, 2014 4:25 AM

Answers

• Assume you are on WHS 2011?  If so, chances are that the Launchpad's settings file has become corrupt.

On your client PC, navigate to c:\users\[account_name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation (where [account_name] is your user name), and move the folder that begins with 'Launchpad.exe...' to the Recycle Bin.  Then log off and log back on, and try running the Launchpad again.  It should recreate its config folder and allow you to reenter your credentials.

• Edited by Gary Voth Friday, January 10, 2014 4:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vaunai Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:00 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 4:55 PM

All replies

• Assume you are on WHS 2011?  If so, chances are that the Launchpad's settings file has become corrupt.

On your client PC, navigate to c:\users\[account_name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation (where [account_name] is your user name), and move the folder that begins with 'Launchpad.exe...' to the Recycle Bin.  Then log off and log back on, and try running the Launchpad again.  It should recreate its config folder and allow you to reenter your credentials.

• Edited by Gary Voth Friday, January 10, 2014 4:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Vaunai Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:00 AM
    Friday, January 10, 2014 4:55 PM
  • This solved the issue perfectly. Thank you.
    Saturday, January 11, 2014 4:02 AM