CRM 2011 = How to trigger VolumeDiscountAmount to update when another field is changed RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to trigger the Volume Discount Amount field to update itself when another field is updated?

For example I have Quantity and ProductId set.  The Product has a Price Per Unit and the Qty determines the VolumeDiscountAmount.  My form calculates: new_UnitSRP = (PricePerUnit - VolumeDiscountAmount).

But the VolumeDiscountAmount only updates on the onSave event, which means that the form only recalculates onSave. 

I am looking for a way for the VolumeDiscountAmount to be updated automatically when Quantity or ProductId are changed.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 8:11 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Try to save the form before you retrieve the Volume Discount Amount, if it did not update, it means that a JavaScript function could not do your requirement simply. When I say simply, it means that with common scripting, but, if you really desire to retrieve the volume discount you may retrieve it an oData query and use it. However, this method could be a complicated one, because you have to do lots of scripting. Instead of these methods, I suggest you to use a plugin for this purpose. It has no issues in retrieving these fields.

My Weblog | My Website

Sunday, July 21, 2013 1:55 PM