none
Which certification should I start with MCAD or MCTS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am an experienced Asp.Net developer with 4+ years of experience. I have hands on experience on all phases of software development namely analysis of business requirements, design, develop code, and testing. I have worked on .Net versions 1.1, 2.0 and 3.5 as well as Silverlight 3.0. Most of my experience has been in developing Asp.Net web applications and web services.

I am planning to take up a certification course, but I am not sure how do I go about it, Should I start with MCTS for Visual Studio 2008 or is it required to start from the basics by taking the MCAD first?

Please help me with your suggestions

• Edited by Sunita_P Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:08 AM minor changes
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:02 AM

Answers

• MCAD is retired now so you will not be able to do it even if you want to. So you are left with MCTS.  

That was easy. J

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Sunita_P Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:04 AM

All replies

• MCAD is retired now so you will not be able to do it even if you want to. So you are left with MCTS.  

That was easy. J

Rubel Khan - MY BLOG!
    If your question was truly answered, please mark it as Answered and Vote as helpful. Thank you in advance.
    • Marked as answer by Sunita_P Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:19 PM
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:04 AM
  • Thanks Rubal for the quick info.

Regards,

Sunita

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:19 PM