Worst Customer Service I've ever received RRS feed

• General discussion

• 

So Microsoft decided to nuke the amount of free storage they give with OneDrive, draining it from 30GB to 5GB. There was a link on the page that said they'll give me one free year of Office 365 Personal, which includes 1TB of OneDrive storage, for free. After I clicked the link and started checkout at microsoftstore.com, my browser crashed. When I went back to continue at microsoftstore.com, it gave me an error in cart and then took away the offer. I couldn't find the link on the page either. I clicked the live chat button they sent me to Office customer support. I waited an hour in a chat queue behind 12 people, like it was 1997. I finally got to my representative (named Ivy C.)and she ended up insisting to remotely access my computer.

I should have ended this here, but I was already this far, I thought pluck it. What she did was then try to go through my email, without asking permission. When I said no, she paused the chat to 'give me privacy', when looking in my email. I looked for the offer and found no link. Since she closed my browser windows, I couldn't chat with her on the original chat page, only through this program. My chat session is still paused over an hour later. I'm just leaving the Window open on my computer.

She obviously cut me off so I couldn't give her a negative rating for her support. This is the worst "customer service" I've ever received.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12:26 PM