CRM 4.0: Error Viewing/Creating Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the following problem.

We are running CRM 4.0 on a box, sql2005 (including Reportserver and the CRM-ReportServer-Connector) on second box since february 2008. Everything was fine until today.

No matter if you try from a Client or from one of the server-consoles to open or create or even upload reports we recieve one of the "great" Errormessages wich says: Error!!! Try the Community......" (No Number, nothing!!!)

OK, in the eventlog of the crm-box we se messages, that the access was denied for the threadname NT Authority\Network Service.

On the webserver-log on the sql-box we can see the similar log-entry wich denied access with error-code 401 to the NT Authority\Networkservice and an account named DOMAIN\CRM$ (wich should be the machine-account!)

As mentioned before, everything was fine in several month just until today.

We have the crm-webserver-appPool running under the networkservice-account.

When I try to run the AppPool with a domain-administrator-account, the appPool won't start correct and the Application is not available. So the only account that will fit to run CRM-App ist the networkservice-account. But: without the reports since today!!!

Second mystery is that, when I look in a local-usergroup on the sql-server or in one of the crm-sql-securitygroups inside sql-serever I see the account NT Authority\Network Service with a SID as suffix. Wich should mean something like "Unknown-User or old-user" when I try to add the Network-Service-Account to a domain or local group my system tells me that the account is not present (And believe me : I serached the whole AD without any result!)

So something went wrong with our installation in the last weekend, but I can't change the appPool-Account or add the Network-Service-Account inside any securitygroups on either OS or SQL-Level.

Any good suggestions?

NB: Even on the domaincontroller it is not possible to add the networkservice-account to any securitygroup.

But on all machines there are several services that runs with this account, so it's still there!!!

Thank You

Kay

Monday, July 28, 2008 2:10 PM

Answers

• Our reports in CRM recently stopped working as well.  The problem was that a SQL update made the SRS Data Connector stop working.  The solution was to uninstall and reinstall the SRS Data Connector then do an IIS reset on the CRM server, then everything worked OK again.

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:11 PM

All replies

• Our reports in CRM recently stopped working as well.  The problem was that a SQL update made the SRS Data Connector stop working.  The solution was to uninstall and reinstall the SRS Data Connector then do an IIS reset on the CRM server, then everything worked OK again.

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:11 PM
  • Thank you very much!!

To use the repair-mode was enough. You don't have to deinstall.

But it worked!!! Easy 15 seconds after spending a whole workday without results!

Regards

Kay

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:39 PM
  • You're welcome.  You are right, the repair option should work; however, I had one where it didn't and I had to uninstall and reinstall the connector.

Glad it fixed your problem.

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:43 PM
  • do the repair option.

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:33 AM