none
Profile "Activity" - why not display beyond 100 activities? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi all,

I notice we can navigate to all our (personal) threads from “http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/user/threads?user=BlueSky2010” page but always wonder why they aren’t accessible from the http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/bluesky2010/activity page. Since older threads aren’t removed why not give people access to these from the “Activity” page?  

Personally I think it would be extremely useful if people could choose a VIEW (say Blogs) and navigate to all the Blogs he/she has Rated/ Commented on.  This would then work like a “bookmark” store.  Even better if this personal views could be searched on i.e. one could set search scope to his/her activities only. This example applies to all other views.

I don’t know how others feel about this - but would be curious to find out. :-)

Thank you!

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using these features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

• Edited by BlueSky2010 Monday, June 4, 2012 3:16 PM removed 2 months ref. from the body :-)
    Monday, May 28, 2012 3:18 PM

All replies

• The Activity tab in the Profile has the last 100 activities (of all types), no matter how far back that goes. At one time I thought there was a request to be able to retrieve older activities.

Also, this Wiki article shows how to search the forums for threads in which you have contributed, plus other searches:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/6453.how-to-use-the-search-in-the-msdntechnet-forums-and-library-en-us.aspx

I've not seen similar for blogs.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Monday, May 28, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Since threads older than 2 months aren’t removed why not give people access to these from the “Activity” page?  

You may be revealing how much you post. <eg>     But you can get more than just 100 entries for your Activities, if you subscribe to its feed.   Doing that would also give you some searchability of it (at least if you were using IE for your RSS feed reader.)    Unfortunately, related to your question, you can not download your entire Activities feed.   You have to accumulate it from an initial maximum size, which coincidentally is now 100.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 1:37 AM
  • Thanks Richard and Robert for your feedback. Based on the fact that Activities actually show 100 most recent activities (and not 2 months) - I've updated the title. :-) 

My intention for this post was to find out people opinion on this and based on that may be submit a request to incorporate this feature.

Appreciate your opinion.

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using these features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:54 PM
  • I agree it will be a great idea of seeing paged Activity with 100 activities per page, but all activity.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:32 PM
  • I agree it will be a great idea of seeing paged Activity with 100 activities per page, but all activity.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

+1

Press any key... What the ... Where's any key ?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

About Me ?

Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:54 AM