none
VSTS not mapping to workspace properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm working in Visual Studio 2015. I just created a new workspace for my project and mapped it to our repository in VSTS  (acmriskalive.visualstudio.com). The new workspace is c:\users\gshah\source\repos\riskalive9\.

Everything seemed to map and sync up properly until I open my project and try to view my changes in Team Explorer.

I open my project:

I click the Team Explorer tab:

I click Changes:

^ I do NOT see the contents of my RiskAlive9 folder. Instead I see the entire repos folder. Moreover, if I expand RiskAlive9, I see everything is marked as [add]... as if nothing got synced up.

So I try this: I click on Manage Connections:

I click on RiskAlive:

I click on Pending Changes:

This looks right... I have no changes.

But then I go back to Solution Explorer and...

My solution is gone (closed?). I have to reload it in which case I'm back at square one... Team Explorer is back at the repos folder with everything marked as [add], not at the RiskAlive9 folder like it's supposed to be.

What the hell?!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hi gib898,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Your issue is related to TFS Version Control. Since the TFS forums have been locked, the discussion for TFS has moved. I recommend you could post your issue on Stack Overflow or Developer Community, where the MS support engineers for TFS will assist you with it.

In addition, I suggest you could check to see whether the new workspace address is connection correctly in Edit dialog box. Please open Source Control Explorer, select Workspace… in Workspace dropdown list, then, choose the new workspace and edit it. Please refer to following screenshot:

Hope could help you and thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, February 26, 2018 9:32 AM
    Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:06 AM