CRM4 : install config database action failed....Active Directory error RRS feed

• Question

•  

Good Day

We installing CRM 4 (Upgrading from a CRM 3) system in a multi-server configuration. There are hundreds on Domain Controllers in the AD (OU) structure.

The Installation does not complete due to a Active Directory Error.

The error we are getting:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.InstallConfigDatabaseAction failed. Unable to obtain DNS Hostname of Active Directory domain Controller with ntdsa object name "CN=NTDS Settings,CN=.............................etc etc"

The server that it is failing on is a Domain Controller that is currently down....  but there could be many DM's down at any point as there are a lot of external sites / mobile sites etc....

When we do a command from the CRM server to see which server is the Logon server... it is pointing to the Local DM server......

The installation is failing on this step everytime.

1. Why does the CRM setup need to reference every DM in the OU?

2. Is there a way to make the CRM setup only reference the Local current DM that is active / online?

thank You

Otto Beekman

urgent assistance needed please please

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:11 AM

All replies

• getting a error on the page to download the debug tool

502 Bad Gateway

plse can you have a look.... possibly give another address to download from

Have you had this problem before with a off-line AD server and CRM install failing?

thx I

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:30 AM
  •  

I have managed to download the CRM4 diag tool....

We had to re-install / roll back to CRM 3 urgrently as the client still needs to work in the system.

Running the CRM 4 diag tool .... it obviously fails on the MSCRM_Config db not being there in CRM 3.

What information is it that the diag tool shows that would be helpfull to see where the problem is or how to get a work around?

The problem is there is 970 Domain Controllers....... there can always be some off-line due to sites being down.

How can we get CRM to install with AD servers being off-line?

Those servers off-line is not the local logon servers.....

From the server.... we did a "set" command and the logon server is different from the one being down and it is online...

Can we possibly chat online (skype or msn )?

or

email me

obeekman@i-intelligence.co.za

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:12 PM
  • I got the same problem.

do you get any helps on this?

Thursday, May 1, 2008 1:24 PM