PlugIn Pre and Post Image working not properly why? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello experts.

I am using one plugin for account update message,but it is some times firing but some times not firing. why this inconsistency. when I update assembly again working for some time.some time plugin is not firing I have checked the message and entity all are right. what might be the reason for such behaviour.

Thanks and regards

Murali

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:44 AM

All replies

• Could you please tell any scenario in which it's not firing? 

If its registered properly it must be firing all the time. You can check CRM Trace to investigate it further. 

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:24 AM
  • There's 1 easy way to determine if the plugin is in fact firing, and that is to add this into the first line of your plugin (inside Execute):

throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException("the plugin is fine");

If your error gets thrown every time, then you know the plugin is at least firing, then you need to figure out where in your code you have a check that is not doing what it's expected to do.

Edit: If it's still not firing with the exception, then check the filtering attributes on the plugin, or lastly check the server and make sure that all the CRM Services are running, or try recycle the CRM Application Pool in IIS.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:36 AM