RE: Error Statement- missimg or corrupt<Windows root> \system32\hal.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I do not have a recovery disk, what I have is the Reinstall CD for windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.  I have tried to reinstall this disk and tried to reboot from it and have had no luck.  I have tried the Recovery program and bootconfig/rebuild and again this did nothing to fix the problem.

Can I load another Windows operating System over the XP Professional?  I have a Vista and Windows 7; or is there a Sys32 patch that I can download on to a thumb drive and load onto my computer?

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 10:01 PM

Answers

• "sea4092" wrote in message news:b400f3aa-4868-453f-b8b8-412e49558e07...

I do not have a recovery disk, what I have is the Reinstall CD for windows XP Professional Service Pack 2.  I have tried to reinstall this disk and tried to reboot from it and have had no luck.  I have tried the Recovery program and bootconfig/rebuild and again this did nothing to fix the problem.

Can I load another Windows operating System over the XP Professional?  I have a Vista and Windows 7; or is there a Sys32 patch that I can download on to a thumb drive and load onto my computer?

You would be best advised to repost your own problem in a new thread in the XP Answers forum here....

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:24 PM