Query value from Product Entity attribute to Quote Entity attribute RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to read an attribute from the product Entity to a Jscript in the quote entity.

I've seem some examples but one example involves using the CRM web service.

The client would like to keep it simple.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:03 PM

Answers

• The easiest way to sum the gross weight of all products associated with the quote would be using the CRM web serivce.  You would execute a retrievemultiple and retrieve the weight of all quotedetail where the quoteid = the crmform.objectid.  You would then iterate through this list and calculate the sum, then perform the multiplication and update the quote form.

I say that's the easiest way because there really isn't any other way except trying to navigate the DOM to iterate through write in and existing products, but then you would have to have the weight in the product associated view.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:46 PM

All replies

• So since the client wants to keep it simple, does that mean no accessing the CRM web service?

Are you trying to update a field on the quote form from a product associated with the qoute?

A couple more specifics on what you look to accomplish will help immensely.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:34 PM
  • Yes, exactly.

They I'm trying to pull the gross weight of the product and then within the quote form multiple amount time weight.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:38 PM
  • The easiest way to sum the gross weight of all products associated with the quote would be using the CRM web serivce.  You would execute a retrievemultiple and retrieve the weight of all quotedetail where the quoteid = the crmform.objectid.  You would then iterate through this list and calculate the sum, then perform the multiplication and update the quote form.

I say that's the easiest way because there really isn't any other way except trying to navigate the DOM to iterate through write in and existing products, but then you would have to have the weight in the product associated view.
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:46 PM