WINDOWS HOME SERVER CONNECTOR WON'T INSTALL ON WINDOWS 7 PRO X64 RRS feed

• Question

• I have WIN 7 PRO X64 and I can't install windows home server connector. I did it on windwos 7 Ultimate RC1 with no problems. My WHS is updated.

How can I fix this.

Thanks

Boricua

El Boricua
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:44 AM

All replies

• What kind of error do you get?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 12:19 PM
  • The error I get is: This operation cannot be complete at this time. Please try again later. If problem persit, please contact product support.

El Boricua
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:51 PM
  • The error I get is: This operation cannot be complete at this time. Please try again later. If problem persit, please contact product support.
    El Boricua
    Do you have other clients you can try to install the Connector software on?
    Friday, July 30, 2010 5:18 AM
  • What file do you start the installation with?
    It should be setep.exe in "    \\server\Software\Home Server Connector Software "
    (assuming the WHS name is ==> server )

PS: if not done already, try also a reboot of the client before starting the setup.

"elboricua8881" wrote in message news:f2ef5032-e25e-4c6a-bcaf-55c5c543c373@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

The error I get is: This operation cannot be complete at this time. Please try again later. If problem persit, please contact product support.

El Boricua

Have a nice day!
    Friday, July 30, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Yes, I do have other clients running XP MCE and I got them installed with no problems.
    El Boricua
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 1:33 AM
  • Yes, I clicked on setup.exe. They are on the same workgroupe name. I also already try to restar the client a few times with no luck.
    El Boricua
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 1:36 AM