Activation - COA ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to activate WHS 120 day trial, and have just ten days left to do so. The software is a free trial, therefore I do not have a product key, however at the end off the activation process I am asked for a COA that is stuck to the bottom or side of the PC. I do not have a COA for the PC running WHS as it is a home built machine previously running a genuine copy of XP.

Help!
    Monday, December 28, 2009 11:44 AM

Answers

• The trial software is no longer a 120 day evaluation; it's now limited (through lack of a product key) to the 30 days before activation kicks in and disables the server.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, December 28, 2009 4:00 PM

All replies

• The trial software is no longer a 120 day evaluation; it's now limited (through lack of a product key) to the 30 days before activation kicks in and disables the server.
    Monday, December 28, 2009 4:00 PM
  • After running a trial (30-day) version of WHS, I just found out from another post here that I couldn't enter the Product Key from the OEM WHS I'd bought. You have to do an entire new install which took me most of today. Fortunately Ken has posted about how to do that - though, naturally, I can't find the post now... (The key thing is to select 'Reinstall' (or similar) and not 'New Installation'.) It over-wrote all my preferences, etc., but the User Files, backup and default files were all intact afterwards - which was handy!

If I'd known before hand though I'd have just installed the full disc...

Cheers,

Chris

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:11 PM
  • The link you can't find...
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:24 PM